with Malaysian University
UNIVERSITI TUNKU ABDUL RAHIMAN, MALAYSIA
SIGMA COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE
To compete successfully in the knowledge-based economy of the 21st century, Architectural Institutions should produce globally competent professional architects. Academic collaboration between SICA and DASD (Department of Architecture and Sustainable Design) is aimed at meeting the rapidly growing educational needs by leveraging mutual capabilities and to prepare our students to compete in the global industries.
The goal of this cooperation is to foster collaboration, provide opportunity for global experience and to facilitate advancement of knowledge on the basis of reciprocity, best efforts, mutual benefits and frequent interactions. SICA and DASD agree to explore the possibility of engaging in the following modes of collaborations:
- To provide international experience and global perspectives to the students and faculty members of both Institutions.
- Exchange of information on Research, Teaching, Learning Materials and other Literature relevant to Architecture through Faculty Exchange Programs.
Faculty members would benefit from exposure to a culturally varied and diverse faculty make-up, with an opportunity to exchange ideas and observe a variety of styles. The faculty exchange program is one way to take advantage of the benefits of diverse faculty. Ultimate goal of educational institutions are to develop a vibrant and diverse faculty. This process, however cannot take place overnight. It occurs slowly, one or two faculty members at a time. The need for rich variety of ideas, cultures, thoughts, and styles are very useful for developing globally competent Architects. The benefit will be immediate, and students will have the opportunity to learn concepts and ideas presented in an entirely new and different manner. SICA and DASD would encourage members of their faculty to undertake short visits and take up assignments as visiting professor. Faculty exchange opportunity is offered with the aim of sharing and furthering the scientific and technical know-how of both Institutions.
- Internships: Students will be encouraged to take up internships between SICA and DASD.
- Joint organization of Seminars, Workshops, Conferences and Short Term Courses on topics of mutual interest while extending invitations to each other’s faculty members to participate therein.
- Joint engagement in training programs while extending invitations to each other’s faculty members to participate therein.