Dr. Gladis Padma
Highly experienced and dedicated doctor besides a social activist. Her greatness lies in her
humble behaviour and perfection in any tasks she undertakes. She joined Rotary as charter
member of an all women club--Rotary Club of Marthandam Queens in 2013. She has proved
herself as an able leader during her President ship and bagged the best President and Best club
awards in Zonal level.
She is the reason behind the formation of Rotary Club of Kuzhithurai and she is the GSR.
She was the Charter President of another all women club, Rotary club of Kuzhithurai Gems in
2018 and she is a motivator, promoting ladies to come forward. She is a Rotarian involved in
the formation and maintenance of many Early Act clubs, Interact clubs and Retract clubs in and
around Kuzhithurai community. She has been involved in various social activities.
RCC Chankai and RCC KR Puram are formed for the upliftment of poor women in the
community. Besides, one Adult Literacy Centre is functioning to help the illiterate women. She
is the Secretary and Managing trustee of Sigma Group of Institutions - Sigma College of
Architecture, SDS NATA coaching centre, Sigma Architects & Designers, etc. She has received RI
PRESIDENTIAL CITATION award and is currently Assistant Governor of Zone 9.
- Served as a medical officer at CSI Mission, Kulasekaram for 2 years.
- Then served as medical officer at Kunneth Hospital, Padanthalamoodu
- In 1995 established own hospital –Sigma Hospital in Chankai and has been the Chief
Medical Officer and Managing Director.
- At present, she is serving as an Assistant Governor in RID 3212.
- She joined Lion’s Club and was the charter member of Club of Marthandam Pride.
- She is an executive member of Marthandam Education and Charitable trust (MECT)
- Joined Rotary and has been the President of R C Marthandam Queens.
- Formed RC of Kuzhithurai and RC of Kuzhithurai Gems and served as the Charter
President of Kuzhithurai Gems and has been awarded the Best President Award.
- Member of Y’s Men Marthandam Wings and served as the president.
- She has been involved in various social activities.
- She has formed several Early act, Interact, Rotaract clubs in various schools and colleges. Helped in the formation and functioning of RCC Chankai.
- Established her own hospital - Sigma Hospital at Chankai, near Marthandam.
- Did primary and higher secondary schooling at St. Chrysostoms Girl’s Higher Secondary
- Then did her pre college education at Maharajas Women’s College. Joined MMBS at Trivandrum Government Medical College in 1974.
- Completed MBBS in 1980 and started working in various hospitals in Trivandrum.
- Born on 30th1958 April to teacher parents and brought up at Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Married in 1983
- After her very busy medical practice in various private hospitals in Kerala, established
her own hospital - Sigma Hospital at Chankai, near Marthandam.